I just finished a gender neutral baby quilt top for yet some more friends who are expecting. It's the Denyse Schmidt pattern "What A Bunch Of Squares" which I love. It was fun to make as I didn't really follow the pattern. I just made squares in the style of the pattern, meanwhile making sure that there was variation among them.
These colors were requested and it took me a long time to get inspired by the fabrics. I decide to use more solids than I usually do in order to push myself out of my quilting comfort zone. As the top started coming together I started to feel a bit better about it... I'm not sure. I do love the design, and I know that once it's quilted and crinkly it always improves. Hopefully it will only grow on me from here!