I'm getting going on a new quilt. It's a commission so there's a deadline and with the state of my sewing mojo these days, I need one! It's been hard for me to get back into the habit of spending time in the sewing room... Anyhow - on to the quilt! Using Illustrator has increasingly become a part of my process for my quilt designing... I'm always open to a quilt transforming along the way (and it often does) but I've gotten so that I want to see an idea of the big picture before I get started. If I'm writing a pattern, it's a given that I have to work this way, but even if I'm improv. piecing the whole quilt, I want to have a sense of where I'm headed.
I'm going to improv. piece the columns here, and I won't keep the height of each piece uniform. The end product will look quite different from the digital mock up, but this helps me with the overall color story and with where I'll want to place the different pops of color.
I've pulled some fabrics. That new Kona orange, Flame, is so great. Definitely a needed addition to the Kona line up!
I need more blues though. I'll pick those up at my great local shop this weekend...