I got this quilt top finished up today. I am absolutely thrilled with how it came out.
It’s 60″ x 75″ and the longest stripes are 94″ long. I knew when I came up with the design that I would need to work hard to keep the lines straight. I pieced the entire thing in my Modern Solids, and I’m so happy with how crisp and straight it came out.
I thought I’d show a few photos I took as I made it…
Pressing played a big role in the process… I pressed all of the seams open to keep it nice and flat.
Piecing this many 1 1/2″ stripes was a bit nuts, but worth it in the end!
Once I’d finished piecing it all, I put it up on my design wall, drew on where to trim and squared it up! Here’s a couple of pretty photos of it…
Oh and one bit of business! The winner of the copy of Quilt Improv is Christina. Congrats and I’ve dropped you an email.
Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!